- Pre-licensing schedule and signup for online and in-person Caregiver Core Training (CCT)
- Keep the Beat provides free CPR/First Aid classes for foster parents. Find their schedule here.
- Fostering Together provides monthly support group meetings for foster parents, training opportunities, and more. Find a link to their upcoming events here.
- Contact directory for the Department of Children, Youth, and Families
- The Skagit Kid Insider and Whatcom Kid Insider websites are an excellent resource for family-friendly activities in our community.
All foster parents are required to participate in relevant training each year. This is a great opportunity to gain parenting skills, better understand the effects of trauma, and meet other local foster parents. Here are some suggestions that might fit your training plan. As a reminder, if you wish to participate in a training that doesn't fit your training plan, please send us an email prior to signing up to make sure you will receive credit. Alliance provides many local and online trainings specific to foster care. Sign up to receive email updates about upcoming trainings in your area.
- So You Have Your First Placement, Now What? - Online webinar 12/12.
- Kinship 101: Information for Relatives and Suitable Others - Online webinar 12/6
- Multi-ethnic Placement Act (MEPA): What Caregivers Need to Know - Online, 0.5 hours
- Prudent Parenting - Online, 0.75 hours
- Youth Missing From Care - Online, 1.0 hour
- Parent-Child Visitation - Online, 0.75 hour
- Medication Administration for Caregivers - Online, 0.5 hours
- Mandatory Reporting Toolkit - Online, 0.75 hours
- Introduction to the Indian Child Welfare Act - Online, 3.0 hours
- Identifying and Supporting Commercially Sexually Exploited Children - Online,1.5 hours
- Effects of Abuse and Neglect on Child Development - Online, 3.0 hours
- Intake Hotline for reports of suspected abuse or neglect: 1-866-ENDHARM (1-866-363-4276)
- 24/7 on-call support for current Youthnet foster families:
- (360) 421-2049 (traditional foster care)
- (360) 202-7765 (therapeutic foster care)