Information for Current Foster Parents
- Pre-licensing Caregiver Core Training (CCT) schedule
- Fostering Together provides monthly support group meetings for foster parents, training opportunities, and more. Find a link to their upcoming events here.
- Contact directory for the Department of Children, Youth, and Families
All foster parents are required to participate in relevant training each year. This is a great opportunity to gain parenting skills, better understand the effects of trauma, and meet other local foster parents. Here are some suggestions that might fit your training plan. As a reminder, if you wish to participate in a training that doesn't fit your training plan, please send us an email prior to signing up to make sure you will receive credit.
- Alliance provides many local and online trainings specific to foster care. Sign up to receive email updates about upcoming trainings in your area.
- So You Have Your First Placement, Now What? Online webinar 9/19, 10/24, 11/8, 12/12.
- Kinship 101: Information for Relatives and Suitable Others Online webinar 9/19, 10/11, 11/15, 12/6
- Emotion Coaching Bellingham 11/8
- Intake Hotline for reports of suspected abuse or neglect: 1-866-ENDHARM (1-866-363-4276)
- 24/7 on-call support for current Youthnet foster families: (360) 421-2049 (traditional foster care) (360) 202-7765 (therapeutic foster care)
FORMS FOR CURRENT FOSTER PARENTS