Youthnet is a private not-for-profit organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and unlawful harassment. Employment decisions are based on merit, agency mission and operational needs, and not on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and any other factor as protected by law. All employees must pass a background check and be at least 18 years of age [some positions require age 21]. Dependent upon position, an employee may be required to provide an abstract of their driving record. In addition, employees are required to complete a TB test. Youthnet is a drug free workplace.
Student Services Coordinator
Position Title: Student Services Coordinator, Youthnet
Department: Emerson High School
Reports To: Education Services Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Emerson High School is an alternative high school in Mount Vernon, Washington, providing alternative learning educational opportunities for students in the Mount Vernon and La Conner School Districts. Emerson High School serves approximately 110 students per school year.
SUMMARY: The Student Services Coordinator is responsible for the overall process of student enrollment, withdrawal processes, scheduling of students, SBA testing coordination, billing and data reporting. District level experience with Skyward is required. This position requires knowledge of OSPI laws and regulations (RCW’s, WAC’s), Common Core Standards, Graduation Requirements for the Mount Vernon and La Conner School Districts, Alternative Education Laws, WCAP/SBA portal use. Knowledge of truancy laws and regulations is required.
• Oversight of student enrollment process including reviewing all paperwork, entering data into the Skyward/WSIPC system, notification of the student’s home school and creating a student file. Determine proper program placement of student, based on need of the student.
• Oversight of student withdrawal including notification of the student’s home school, letter to parents, forward of information to student’s new school. Closing of the Skyward/WSIPC data.
• Monitors student’s attendance, updating Skyward and student files, student billing forms.
• Reports accurate student billing, reports ELL contact hours to Youthnet accounting office.
• Data collection, prepares various monthly and yearly reports, reporting to Administrator and students home school districts.
• Provides grade input/proof sheets for teachers. Enters the grades into Skyward/WSIPC, prepares semester reports for administration and student’s home district. Prepares semester report cards for students, student files and home school district.
• Student scheduling, entering into Skyward and printing of student schedules, schedule changes. Maintenance of Skyward system for class and teacher changes.
• Coordinates/plans Emerson’s Summer School. Scheduling, enrolling and withdrawing students in Skyward. Grade reports to student’s home districts. Collecting of summer school tuition, prepares deposit of tuition money to Youthnet accounting office.
• Ensures that all outgoing seniors have met state and home district graduation requirements. Prepares evaluation forms for seniors to check-out with their home district. Prepares completion certificates for outgoing seniors.
• Coordinates all SBA test administration using WCAP, training of testing proctors, setting up of testing locations, testing materials/supplies, oversight of the testing locations during the test days assuring secure testing, reports to MVSD proper test security forms, attendance.
• Skyward “Year End” and “Year Start” processing, setting up of all school calendars, attendance, grading in Skyward. Maintenance of staff and teachers in Skyward.
• Positively represents Youthnet and Emerson High School to students, parents, the education community and the public.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite products.
Supervisory: As stated in Essential Functions.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Successful candidate will perform related duties as assigned. **
Requires knowledge of:
• Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of Skyward/WSIPC
• Common Core Standards
• Graduation Requirements
• High School and Beyond Plans
• Alternative Education Laws
• State Testing Requirements
• OSPI – RCW and WAC’s
• Microsoft Office Suite products
Requires the ability to:
• Effectively work with at-risk students to achieve behavioral and academic success.
• Must have strong organizational and record keeping skills.
• Manage a multitude of short and long term tasks simultaneously under often stressful conditions.
• Communicate effectively in both oral and written format.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, school district staff, public and private agencies, family members and the general public.
• Must be able to work as a team member and support team efforts.
• Maintain confidentiality of students, staff and agency related issues.
**Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the Job Description but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s classification of work.
Position requirements: Trainings, Licenses and/or Certifications:
• Valid First-Aid and CPR certificate required, or be willing to obtain.
• Driver’s License
• HIV/AIDS Training
• TB Skin Test
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed in an education environment for at-risk youth in which continual observation and awareness of the surroundings is critical. Adequate manual and fine dexterity skills, hearing, speech and vision are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
Hazards: Due to the nature of the population of the school, hazards include but are not limited to exposure to weapons, threats, verbal abuse, fighting.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalized peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Changes to the position description may be made at the discretion of the employer.
It is the policy of Youthnet to not discriminate against any person with regard to race, color or religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or sexual orientation, physical or mental disability.
Applications: To apply please send resume and cover letter to Kevin Mestrich at email@example.com
NEEDED: Foster Parents willing to commit to care for children on a short-term or long-term basis. Youthnet desires to find parents interested in temporary respite care (weekends), short term shelter care (up to 30 days), foster care (assisting a reunification with biological families) and foster/adoption. For information contact: Carla Arnold at (360) 336-1610 ext. 201.