Giving Tuesday is a day and movement marked on the calendar annually as a "day to do good" since its start in 2012.
Starting as early as October, the giving season can easily become distracted by the hullabaloo of holiday shopping, planning, and materialism. Giving Tuesday, equips and empowers people to take a step back and learn how to expand our awareness to give back to others. It encourages us to be more intentional, checking our hearts and remembering to show love and appreciation to people outside of our individual bubbles.
This year, Giving Tiuesday is on November 28th, 2023! There are so many great causes and nonprofits out there, and we hope you consider supporting local children, youth and families needing support to overcome some of the most challenging, social, emotional, psychological and relational challenges.
By donating here, you can help support Youthnet's programs to reach our these families in these ways:
- Therapeutic Foster Care- children and youth in care can be provided with wrap-around, intensive support (Behavioral Rehabilitation Services) from a case management team to help them cope and heal from trauma by being given with the tools needed to help them and their caregivers manage their complex needs
- Traditional Foster Care- children can find placement in safe, compatible homes with loving foster parents while they await reunification with their families
- Independent Living and Transitional Living (IL/TL)- foster youth can successfully transition out of foster care and into adulthood with the skills to get a job, find a place to live, and learn how to utilize their skills, resources and support networks to live productively and independently
- Family Preservation Services- struggling parents and caregivers can receive counseling and learn parenting skills and techniques which help prevent their children from being removed from the home into "stanger-care"
- El Sol Nace para Todos (The Sun Rises for All)- migrant families can be provided with culturally and linguistically appropriate parenting, educational, and resource support services.
These needs would not be able to be met without your radical generosity and care for your community. We are so humbled by you!
- Create a Fundraising Page (KINDFUL)
- Create Facebook fundraiser
- Share Your Giving Tuesday Fundraising Page: