Giving Tuesday is a day and movement marked on the calendar annually as a "day to do good" since its start in 2012. It enthralls people to become a part of "radical generosity" during a season that can easily become distracted by the hullabaloo of holiday shopping, planning, and materialism. Giving Tuesday, a non-profit itself, partners with and empowers other non-profits, like Youthnet, to join in on a day solely dedicated to generosity and giving. It encourages us as a global society to be more intentional, checking our hearts and giving from a place of love that one human soul can appreciate from another.
In this, you get to choose which causes speak to you and excite you to want to give back this year on November 29th, 2022...it's here! There are so many great causes and nonprofits out there, but we hope you get to partner with Youthnet in it!
By donating here, starting on November 29th, you can help support Youthnet's programs to reach our youth in these ways:
- Traditional Foster Care- children can find temporary homes with loving foster parents
- Independent Living and Transitional Living (IL/TL)- foster youth can successfully transition out of foster care and into adulthood with the skills to get a job, find a place to live and learn how to become self-sufficient
- Family Preservation Services- struggling parents can receive support and learn parenting skills and techniques which help prevent their children from entering the foster care system
- El Sol Nace para Todos (The Sun Rises for All)- migrant families can be provided with culturally and linguistically appropriate parenting and support services
- Therapeutic Foster Care- foster youth can be provided with better ways to cope and heal from trauma with the skills and support needed to help them manage their complex needs
These needs, and those of other causes too, would not be able to be met without your radical generosity and care for your community. Youthnet thanks you!