It's the most wonderful time of year! The end of the year is a time when many get to reflect on the past 365 days with full hearts and warm smiles, feeling grateful and fulfilled. The Youthnet team and our partners get to do this, but the community we serve does not always when they look back. This drives us, as their support network, to start planning and preparing for how we can do even more for them for the year to come-- so that they can look back and not only remember the challenging times and difficult seasons but the breakthroughs and the healing that gets to happen.
We encourage you to celebrate 2022 with us and welcome the New Year as we launch Youthnet's 1st Annual Holiday Quest: 30 Days of Generosity. It motivates us to see all that was accomplished this past year, and how many children, youth and families were able to be served through Youthnet's programs and partnerships funded by generosity like yours. Here is just a taste of what there is to celebrate with Youthnet from this past year:
- 15 new homes were licensed to care for youth and children in foster care-- a total of 40 homes are now licensed by Youthnet
- 70 children are celebrating the holidays with full meals and gifts for themselves and their families
- All 13 Western Washington counties are now actively represented and served by Youthnet
In 2023, here are some of the things Youthnet wants to achieve:
- License 10 more homes (for a total of 50) to be ready to care for children and youth in foster care
- Support the 400% growth of our program, El Sol Nace para Todos (The Sun Rises for All), and provide for the physical needs of these children and their families in Skagit County
- Help support funding of programs promoting kinship care and the resources for families of children and youth at risk of entering foster care-- this will help restore and nourish familial relationships and prevent foster placement at all.
- Fill our "Welcome Closets" with living essentials (i.e. toiletries, clothes, bedding) that our youth and young adults need as they get ready to live on their own for the first time
Partner with us this holiday season by getting involved! Here is how you can help:
- Donating proceeds online through our form below
- Mailing your donations and proceeds to Youthnet, PO Box 217, Mount Vernon, WA 98273
- Gift-match or be a future sponsor of Youthnet (email our development coordinator Jessica at email@example.com if you or your organization is interested)