Who is eligible?

  • Student must be under age 21 before the first day of the school year.
  • Student must live in the Mount Vernon or La Conner School District.
  • Student must be enrolled in their home district
  • Student must be referred by their home district high school
    • If I already have a GED, but want to finish my high school diploma, can I enroll? Yes
    • If I am in Running Start and want to continue, can I enroll? Yes
    • If I am attending the NW Career & Tech Academy, can I enroll? Yes
    • Does Emerson H.S. offer on-line classes? No

How do I enroll?

  • Mt. Vernon School District Students:
    • Go to the Counseling Center and make an appointment with your counselor
    • Complete the Emerson H.S. enrollment application
    • The counselor signs it and gives it to the Assistant Principal for final approval
  • La Conner District Students:
    • Make an appointment with the Counselor at La Conner High School.
    • Complete the Emerson H.S. enrollment application
  • Once your school District has approved your enrollment:
    • You will receive your enrollment packet in a sealed envelope
    • Call Emerson H.S. to schedule an appointment with the Registrar (360) 336-2681
    • Bring the sealed enrollment envelope packet to your enrollment appointment.
      • NOTE: Students under the age of 18 must have a legal parent/guardian come to the enrollment appointment.
  • The enrollment appointment takes about 1 hour. At the enrollment appointment, your transcript will be reviewed and you will get a class schedule. You will also be given a tour of the school and receive a Student Handbook that gives complete information about the school, school rules etc.

Powered by Firespring